Recently I have been released from the Young Women Auxiliary in our ward. I am sad to be leaving.As soon as I was told about being released, I had an overwhelming feeling of what my new calling in the ward would be. I told my husband I thought I would be put into the Primary as the chorister(when at the time there really wasn’t a need for a new chorister). Sure enough that is where I was put. I think the Lord knew that I needed to know early-on to prepare myself for the upcoming primary sacrament meeting program. I am so happy to be serving with my kids in primary. I have never been in primary, only Relief Society and YW (with the exception of a few weeks right after were married I was in nursery). The Primary program is this Sunday and I am really excited for it (maybe a little excited for it to be over -lol). I just love the primary children.
I also just got called into the stake as the “stake tutoring specialist”. I am really excited for this calling too! Basically I am a liaison between the stake and the 3 elementary schools here in the area. I’m in charge of signing up people in the wards to tutor or read to kindergartner's. It is called “reading buddies” . That is all I know about it for now but I am still learning. This year all the wards made quillows for each kindergartner at the 3 schools. The blanket was stuffed with a book, and was called their reading blanket! Our stake has done an absolutely amazing job with tutoring in the schools, I am just excited to be a part of it.
Brady is still the Scout Master in our ward. He goes camping once a month. He doesn’t seem to mind, and we have gotten use to his monthly outings (except for Aaron, every time Brady goes, he wants to go with his dad and the scouts). I just wish he had a truck to go along with his calling....someday. He enjoys working with the youth, I am just grateful he enjoys it.
We are the Bingham's! Welcome to our blog.
Friday, October 17, 2008
Serving in the church
Posted by Sherrilynn at 4:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






7 comments:
Both you and brady are so awesome. one conference sunday I'm gonna be sitting there and then they're gonna say the names of the people who will be speaking and they're gonna say Sister Sherrilyn Bingham and her Husband Brady Bingham, just you watch!
Congratulations on your new calling, that's exciting. My son's school is one of the schools that recieved the quillows. At first when I saw it I thought is that his to keep. Sure enough the teacher told me it was his and that LDS ladies made over 500 of these for kindergartners. What a great idea!! Reading is so important.
WOW, that will keep you busy. But if anyone can handle it you can. Hey and Elyse said she is game for a blind date.
The reading buddy idea is a great missionary idea. I love how our church is serving in the community. Did you hear about Butterfield days here?
We have our program this week and I understand the getting it over thing-- 4 more days!!!
I would love to be in primary with you as chorister, I can picture it now! You're a chip off the old block - your mom always went the extra mile in her callings. I begged for that calling once upon a time (I was in the primary presidency begging our president, she wouldn't let me). Love ya
Busy Lady. I have been in Primary the last 2 yrs. First time ever....seems like I was always playing the piano or organ before. So it has been fun!
That's neat that you were so close to the spirit and were given that added blessing of knowing. How many times do we miss things like that?
You pulled off a great program with such little time to prepare and learn those songs perfectly! I am impressed!
Post a Comment