I can't believe how old my kids are getting! We just celebrated Emily's birthday on Aug. 27th. Her birthday is the first one of this year for our family and they are one right after another, next is Brady's on September 11th and then Becca's on September 15 and mine and Aaron's in November and then we have Christmas in December. I feel like I am constantly at the store buying some kind of gift or gifts for someone in the family. I don’t know why I would post this, other than it really drives me crazy each year. I am constantly worrying if this child has a good gift or if I have enough goodie bags. I have tried every other year to have a family party, with no friends and it seems to help with the stress. Bottom line it is a real pain in the neck! I am bracing myself for the next party.
We are the Bingham's! Welcome to our blog.
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Birthdays at the Binghams
Posted by Sherrilynn at 9:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
When Keeley started getting older I let HER plan her own party. I couldn't believe how much easier it was on me. I predetermined the # of friends allowed, she made the guest list and filled out her own invitations. I gave a budget for the goodie bags and guided her shopping to stay in the budget. She planned the activity and I made sure she made the necessary preparations. I was inspired to do this as I remembered that when I was her age I started making/decorating my own birthday cakes, so I let her do that, too and it was another burden lifted off my shoulders! She loves the chance to be creative and organizing a party. Good luck!
Isn't it interesting how parties - things that, by definition, should be fun and RELAXING - can end up being quite stressful. What a nice mom you are for just attempting to keep up with it. I'm sure your kids will appreciate when they're older if they don't already.
I liked Erin's b-day ideas!
Our family deals with the same craziness with several b-days clumped together. It's tempting to have just one party in the middle of it all!
Post a Comment