Today was a crazy day. First of all, it was so windy. I hate the wind! It always makes a good day bad, and a bad day worse. I was working on the computer this afternoon waiting for the girls to get home from school. Aaron was board out of his mind (driving me crazy). He noticed it was windy and wanted to fly his kite. He looked for his kite and couldn’t find it. Through his tired tears he looked and looked. The awful mom that I am, I didn’t even help the poor boy. I had to get my homework done before the girls got home from school. He sat down on the couch and
cried, cried, cried himself to sleep, the drama of not finding his kite, ugh! It is hard to be 4 yrs. By the time I realized the crying had stopped, and he was asleep on the couch, it was 3:15. My girls weren’t home yet (Wednesday is MPS early release, the girls are usually home by 3:00). I walked to the bus stop, and nothing, I think I saw a tumble weed cross the road. It was strange; I thought I had the wrong day, or that I was in an episode of the twilight zone. We have a tight schedule on Wednesday because of Lets Play Music practice at 3:30 at Aunt Sanya’s house. Needless to say, we were going to be late if the bus didn’t get here ASAP. I went and woke up the crabby boy and loaded the car, sure enough the girls came running up the drive almost 30 min’s later than normal. They informed me that the school had been in lock-down since 12:00pm. A Bank had been robbed; the robber picked the Wilson school’s neighborhood to hide in. The kids said they were scared. Emily reported that she couldn’t even go to the bathroom (they couldn’t leave the classroom). She had to go potty in a make-shift bathroom in the classroom which is basically a bucket with a sheet covering a corner of the room (she was truly grossed out). Becca said they couldn’t even go near the windows. I am just glad all the kids were safe. They do routine practice lock-downs on a regular basis. Whatever happened to the good old days? Where have they gone? After LPM at Aunt Sanya’s house Becca decided to jump on the Fenn’s new trampoline and break it in for them. She fell off and landed on her left elbow! Brady and I were both in the back yard (thank goodness). She couldn’t move her arm, the elbow was sunk in and her wrist was bending down, it was hard to look at a little sickening. She was in shock! We took her to the emergency room and boy those people are in no rush at all. They went to take x-rays of her arm; she felt a pop and instantly was fine. The swelling stopped, she could move her elbow and wrist. The doctor showed us the x-rays and told her it was a called a “Nursemaid’s Elbow” aka “dislocation of the radial head”. The radial bone is your forearm; at the head of that bone (next to the elbow) it was dislocated. So after 2 ½ hours and $125.00 later, she was fine. The Doc told her to take it easy for the next couple of days, no tumbling or ruff-housing. Brady asked the Doc if she was well enough to do her homework.
Unfortunately for Becca, she still has to do her homework! But she got a cool sling to rest her arm in for the next couple of days (until it is feeling better) knowing Becca she will wear the sling for the rest of the month. What a day! I am glad it has come to an end!






2 comments:
Good grief Sherri! Crazy day!
I am so glad you ahve a blog since we hardly ever see eachother. Your new tile floor looks amazing and I love the paint, everything! Congrats with school too, I am not looking forward to going back, it is going to be a love-hate relationship.
Holy cow! I'm glad that it was a no big deal kind of thing! How scary! Be more careful Becca! Sheesh!
Post a Comment